Your household may be eligible for Emergency Rental and Utility Assistance if you meet the following criteria:
- You were unable to pay your rent and/or utility bills because you experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19; and
- Your household monthly income is at or below the maximum income listed below:
3. You demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability; and
4. You have not applied for or received rental or utility assistance which covers your rent and/or utilities for the requested period.
PLEASE NOTE: Mortgage assistance may not be provided using ERA funding. If you need mortgage assistance, please visit the Neighbor to Neighbor website for additional information on available programs: Neighbor to Neighbor web site.
- Priority will be given for payment of existing housing-related outstanding debt which could result in eviction of an eligible household.
- Assistance must be provided to reduce an eligible household’s outstanding rental and utility debt before the household may receive assistance for future payments.
- Payment toward outstanding debt may only be made for costs accrued after March 13, 2020.
- Households may reapply if requesting assistance at the end of an approved three-month period.
You must complete all required documentation prior to a service coordinator being able to process your request.
- Complete online application and attestation form
- Submit the following documentation (please be prepared with a digital copies, .pdf, .jpg or .png formats accepted)
- Photo ID ( Some examples of identification accepted include: driver’s license or identification card issued from any U.S. State or Territory, US military or a military dependent’s identification card, Native American Tribal Document, document issued by any instrumentality of government, or document issued by an educational institution.)
- Current lease agreement and/or utility bill which lists applicant as tenant/resident; and
- Two month’s most recent pay stubs, unemployment information, or your most recent income verification statement
- OR Form 1040 as filed with the IRS for the household for calendar year 2020.
Please Note: If your application is approved, you may be requested to provide additional documentation to ensure all necessary information is collected to report appropriate usage of federal funds to the U.S. Department of Treasury.
Payment of Funds
Funds will be paid directly to landlords and utility service providers. It can take up to two weeks for payment to be processed once approved.